If you’ve ever fancied rubbing shoulders with the moto greats of our generation without breaking the bank, then you need to get over to this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, stat. A plethora of two-wheeled Grand Prix celebs – from world champs to MotoGP™ teams – will be in attendance, and all in the name of speed.
Four out of MotoGP™’s 11 teams will be present, including the following:
In short, the festival will be stuffed to the nines with MotoGP™ goodness, all purported to reside in the Ballroom Paddock, “close to the Drivers’ Club.”
We’re even going to see 2023 Grand Prix bikes in action!
“Grand Prix motorcycles will make up the entirety of the 2023 Festival of Speed motorbike batch… from the truly historic to the very latest machinery, as the attending factory teams are set to bring and run their 2023 Championship bikes,” imparts Goodwood on their website.
Highlights include the iconic run up the Goodwood Hillclimb, with the following legends present for the gander:
- Àlex Crivillé (1999 500cc World Champion)
- Casey Stoner (2007, 2011 MotoGP World Champion)
- Freddie Spencer (Three-times World Champion, the only rider to win the 250cc and 500cc World Championship in the same year)
- Giacomo Agostini (15-times World Champion, record 122 GP wins)
- Jorge Lorenzo (Five-times World Champion)
- Kenny Roberts Jnr (2000 500cc World Champion)
- Kevin Schwantz (1993 500cc World Champion)
- Mick Doohan (Five-times 500cc World Champion)
- Randy Mamola (12-times Grand Prix winner)
- Wayne Gardner (1987 500cc World Champion)
Carmelo Ezpeleta, Dorna’s CEO:
“… It’s an honour for us to play a key role in the 30th anniversary and be invited to showcase the best of our sport, sharing the stage with our fellow icons of speed. It will be something truly unique, and I want to thank our teams, riders and legends for showing such enthusiasm in attending.”
With this year being the 1000th FIM Grand Prix (and “more MotoGP™ than ever”), we look forward to seeing attendance numbers. Be sure to head over to Goodwood’s website if you want to buy tickets – only Thursday remains for ticket availability, so get a move on!