The Suzuki SV650X sits alongside the popular SV650 in the Japanese manufacturer’s2022 motorcycle line-up. The SV650X is essentially the base model clad in cafe-racer clothing and offers some sporty characteristics for a very reasonable price. The most notable changes over the base SV650 include a sportier, lower-set, clip-on handlebar, a revised headlight housing, and an upgraded seat, all of which are cafe-racer-inspired.
Propelling the motorcycle is the venerable 90-degree V-twin engine that displaces 645cc. This engine makes 75 hp and 47 lb-ft of torque and is mated to a six-speed manual transmission. For years, this engine and gearbox combo has been a favorite amongst riders looking for the perfect balance between city streets and highway duties.
Apart from the different seat and headlight cowl, the SV650X also sets itself apart from the standard model with a blacked-out exhaust tip, heat shield, and footpeg assembly. It also gets a small tank extension that covers part of the gorgeous, exposed, brass-colored trellis frame.
The SV650X is designed to be an all-around motorcycle perfect for someone who’s just entering the middle-weight segment. At the time of writing this, Suzuki has not updated its U.S. website with details on the 2022 iteration of the bike, but it is on sale in Canada for $8,799, which makes it exceptional value for money.
The 2022 Suzuki SV650X starts at $8,399USD (estimated) / $8,799 CAD.
On this page:we’ve curated specs, features, news, photos/videos, etc. so you can read up on the new 2022 Suzuki SV650X in one place.
Price: $8,399USD (estimated) / $8,799 CAD
Torque-rich, 645cc, V-twin engine
Clip-on handlebars enable sporty, cafe-racer like riding position
Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload adjustable
Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload adjustable
120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity
14.5 L (3.8/3.2 US/Imp gal)
Glass Sparkle Black (YVB)
Electronic ignition (transistorized)
2,140 mm (84.3 in)
730 mm (28.7 in)
1,090 mm (42.9 in)
135 mm (5.3 in)
1,445 mm (56.9 in)
790 mm (31.1 in)
198 kg (437 lbs)
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2022 Suzuki SV650X Features
– The stylish headlight cowling creates a café fairing look, while slots reminiscent of heritage racers flank the round multi-reflector headlight to accentuate the SV650X’s personality.
– Visually stunning, the colored trellis-style frame is fashioned using high-strength steel tubes so it contributes to the SV650X’s low weight and trim chassis.
– Clip-on handlebars encourage a sporty riding position and harken back to the days of the original café racers.
– The slim, tuck-and-roll-look seat exudes retro looks and features soft cushioning that helps reduce rider fatigue. Its brown, leather-like finish adds a custom-build touch.
– Side panels below the fuel tank mimic a half-fairing look and connect the body styling from nose to tail.
– The SV650X’s glossy Glass Sparkle Black bodywork is well matched to the blacked-out wheels, controls and chassis components.
– The muffler’s position allows ample lean angles when cornering.
– Dual four-piston Tokico brake calipers up front grasp a pair of 290mm full-floating stainless steel rotors for great stopping performance. The compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** matches the braking performance to the available traction.
– The 645cm³ liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 90-degree, L-twin engine boasts primary balance characteristics that minimize vibration, so it smoothly pulls from idle up to the 10,000 rpm redline.
– Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist leverages the advanced electronic fuel injection system to seamlessly adjust engine speed during standing starts and low-speed running to smooth power delivery and help eliminate the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
** ABS is not designed to shorten the braking distance. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
– The class-exclusive* 645cm³ DOHC V-twin engine produces strong, torque-rich horsepower while complying with the latest emission standards.
– The primary balance of the engine’s 90-degree L-twin configuration minimizes vibration so well, the engine doesn’t require a heavy, power-robbing balance shaft.
– The energy-efficient engine has unique pistons that were engineered with the use of Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
– Each piston skirt has a special resin coating, and the other sliding parts are tinned for less friction and greater durability – a first for a Suzuki motorcycle.
– Suzuki’s innovative L-shaped piston rings contribute to reduced blow-by gas, resulting in fewer emissions and greater combustion efficiency.
– Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)–coated cylinders reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
– Both cylinder heads feature Suzuki’s original Dual Spark Technology for greater combustion efficiency, better fuel economy, and cleaner emissions.
– The fuel-injection system employs the innovative Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) with 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by servo motor for smooth power delivery and optimum combustion efficiency.
– The 10-hole, long-nose-type fuel injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
– The electronic fuel injection system employs O2 feedback and a precise intake pressure sensor for optimum combustion efficiency in various conditions to reduce emissions to an incredibly low level.
– Suzuki’s patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) eases starting, stabilizes the engine idle speed, and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
– TI-ISC helps Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature seamlessly adjust engine speed during standing starts and low-speed running to smooth power delivery and help eliminate the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
– The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
– Advanced, transistorized ignition control programming helps maintain more precise spark timing to the four iridium, long-life spark plugs.
– The SV650X also features Suzuki’s Easy Start System that lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start switch, without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
– The air cleaner case design has high capacity and routes crankcase breather gas from the engine cover to help increase engine power. The air intake funnels have staggered lengths to heighten mid-range torque.
– The exhaust system has a clean, functional appearance and is light in weight. The 2-into-1 system employs a catalytic converter to further reduce emissions.
– The muffler and its brushed stainless steel cover are positioned to allow ample lean angles when cornering.
– The high-efficiency radiator employs a large cooling fan for exceptional cooling capacity. To further control temperature, the engine is also fitted with a coolant-cooled oil cooler that is compact and lightweight.
– The close-ratio 6-speed transmission features carefully selected ratios that are equally well-suited for commuting or spirited riding.
– The multiplate clutch has precise push rod actuation of the pressure plate for a light pull and consistent release point.
* 600-800cm³, street bike class.
– The compact, lightweight chassis is covered with slim bodywork to create a bike that’s agile and fun to ride on a variety of streets, such as city streets, highways, rural roads, and winding roads.
– Its remarkably light weight of just 200kg makes the SV650X’s nimble handling and maneuverability a sheer delight for the rider.
– The high-strength steel, trellis-style frame is key to the motorcycle’s trim and intelligent dimensions. At just 790mm, the seat height is the lowest in the 600–800cm³ street bike class.***
– The SV650X fuel tank is short, narrow and still provides a 14.5L capacity.
– The slim fuel tank and seat joint help the rider’s feet touch the ground better at stops.
– The frame is mated to a steel, beam-type swingarm with a straightforward chain tension adjuster system.
– The 41mm conventional-style front forks offer a generous 125mm of wheel travel to provide a sporty but plush ride. Preload adjusters in the fork caps allow the rider to tune the fork springs for different loads or riding styles.
– The link-type rear shock unit has a 63mm stroke and is tuned for a superb progressive feel and to react efficiently to varied road conditions while still delivering an agile and stable ride.
– The rear shock’s seven-way adjustable spring preload is easy to adjust for carrying a passenger or cargo.
– The front brakes feature a pair of fully floating 290mm discs grasped by 4-piston Tokiko calipers for excellent braking performance. The compact Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)* ensures braking power matches available traction.
– Five-spoke, cast aluminum alloy wheels are shod with lightweight front and rear Dunlop radial tires for sharp handling and good mileage.
– The Dunlop SPORTMAX ROADSMART III tires fitted to the SV650X have great grip and all-around good tire performance.
– The compact and lightweight instrument panel is a full LCD display, eliminating motor and needle mechanics.
– The instrument panel has several features, including a tachometer, speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, ABS alert, and gear position indicator, plus fuel consumption and driving range data.
– The clip-on handlebars and mid-set foot controls create a riding position that’s ideal for sport riding, yet retains enough comfort for longer rides.
– The classic round headlight is a multi-reflector type with a bright 12 V 60/55-watt halogen bulb.
– Lighting also includes a bright, durable LED combination tail and brake light, plus front and rear amber-tinted turn signals.
– Attention to rider comfort and confidence includes a carefully shaped seat with a high-grip, tuck-and-roll-look cover in leather-texture brown vinyl. Integrated cargo retention loops pull out from under the seat.
– The café racer styling was developed to create a classic bike-builder look that also showcases the V-twin engine.
*** Excluding other Suzuki motorcycles (SV650 & SV650 ABS).
– A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for SV650X owners are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
2022 Suzuki SV650X Photos
2022 Suzuki SV650X Videos
Suzuki SV650X Official Promo:
2019 Suzuki SV650X Review by Motorcyclist Magazine: