March 29, 2012 – Here’s one more very late entry from the 2012 Dealer Expo: the Nolan N-85.
I took the photos and video of the N-85 at the Dealer Expo but I was waiting for the final specifications from Nolan before publishing the information.
At the time, it wasn’t certain whether or not the N-85 would be sold in the U.S., but it’s here and it’s ready for sale.
This is a quick first look at the helmet, which could be described more or less a full-face version of the Nolan N-104 (review).
The N-85 shown here that I handled at the Dealer Expo was a European version, but the specifications should be the same for the North American DOT version, with perhaps a slight difference in weight.
Note, however, that the brow vent shown on the ECE version below will not be a feature of the DOT version unfortunately!
Nolan N-85 Specifications
- VPS (Vision Protection System) – Short dark shield mounted on the inside of the shell and moving independently from the clear shield.
- Anti-fog and anti-scratch face shield.
- Ready for the Nolan NCom communication system.
- Polycarbonate shell with built-in spoiler for improved stability.
- Fully removable and washable Clima-comfort liner with wrap-around cheek-pads for wind-noise reduction. Cheek pads are separate for custom-fitting options. The shape of the comfort padding is designed to accommodate eyeglasses.
- Dual top vent with exhaust grid in the rear spoiler and chin-bar vents, with additional venting device in the lower trim to prevent fogging.
- Optically correct, push-button quick-change shield is optically correct and offers UV-400 protection.
- Multi-position anti-scratch shield accepts the new high-performance Pinlock anti-fog insert with a silicone seal.
- Chin curtain included.
- Microlock adjustable quick release retention system. Velour chin-strap padding.
- Size range XS to XXL. MSRP: $249.95 (solid colors), $299.95 (graphics) For information: www.nolan-usa.com.
We hope to have an N-85 for a full webBikeWorld review, so stay tuned. In the meantime, here are some photos and a quick walk-around video of the new Nolan N-85:
More: 2012 Dealer Expo Live Reports
Publication Date: March 29, 2012
Owner Comments and Feedback
See details on submitting comments.