April 18, 2013 – Motorola announced a potential game-changer: the Motorola MU350 and MU350R (kit of two radios) Talkabout Bluetooth two-way “walkie-talkie” radio.
Available in summer of 2013, the MU350R is claimed to have built-in Bluetooth. This could mean that you could pair it with your Bluetooth motorcycle intercom (reviews) and get a huge amount of range. Any of your riding companions could do the same and you could all talk on the same channel.
Here are some of the specifications (subject to change). We’ll get a pair as soon as possible for a webBikeWorld review.
- Bluetooth 2.1; supports headset profile 1.2.
- Range to 35 miles.
- Waterproof to IP-54.
- Auxiliary input port and headset port.
- Dual power with three AA batteries and 1300 mAh high capacity NiMH rechargeable battery packs.
- NOAA Weather Channels (7 channels) for weather alerts.
- Motorola MU350R kit includes two radios, two belt clips, one dual drop-in charger, one charging adaptor, two NiMH rechargeable battery packs, one Emergency Preparedness checklist sheet, User’s Guide.
- Color: Silver.
- Bluetooth compatible radio allows you to pair your Bluetooth headset with the MU series so you won’t be tangled up while communicating. Enjoy hours of freedom while listening to what is going on on your channel. Press the PTT button on the radio when you are ready to chime in.
- For complete freedom you can also pair the radio with a wireless Bluetooth PTT button that can be located at a convenient location of your choice.
- Built-in LED flashlight.
- Battery charges with desktop charger, mini-USB car cable, mini-USB wall cable or mini-USB PC cable.
- Silent Signals VibraCall silent vibrating ringer.
- Hands-Free Communication with iVOX speakerphone.
- 22-frequency capacity with 121 privacy codes to reduce interruptions.
- The Motorola QT (Quiet talk) functionality allows the radios to be set so they can communicate with other compatible Motorola products.
- Dual power with 3 AA batteries for another 15 hours of estimated talk time.
- 10 call tones.
- Push-To-Talk Power Boost, when activated, allows you to extend the transmission range by increasing the transmitter power output while saving battery life when no power boost is necessary.
- DSP Audio with high efficiency class D amplifier.
- Scan: use the scanning feature to see which channels are currently in use.
- Low Battery Alert Low battery alert reminds you when batteries are running low.
- Keypad Lock prevents your personalized settings from being inadvertently changed.
- More info on the Motorola Talkabout MU350R on the Motorola website.
More wBW: Motorcycle Intercom Reviews | Product Reviews | Helmet Reviews
Note: For informational use only. All material and photographs are Copyright © webWorld International, LLC since 2000. All rights reserved. See the webBikeWorld® Site Info page. Product specifications, features and details may change or differ from our descriptions. Always check before purchasing. Read the Terms and Conditions!