A Black Panther Harley-Davidson Softail Breakout is the popular choice for the best Harley customised in a Marvel Comics superheroes theme.
The dealer custom bike competition was decided by customer votes and the winner comes from Western Ranges Motorcycles.
Chris Whitten of Western Ranges Motorcycles says their Black Panther Breakout is “completely blacked out, low and sleek, with an extra cool stance from the lowered air suspension”.
“It’s a perfect balance of sleek style and badass customisation.”
Brent Zeimer from Queensland voted for the Black Panther Breakout and his entry was drawn at Oz Comic Con Sydney at the weekend to win the holiday of a lifetime for him and three friends.
The 10-day Hollywood and Las Vegas holiday, developed by Marvel for Harley-Davidson Australia, includes four nights at the Ramada Plaza in West Hollywood with private tours of the Marvel Legacy Effects Studio, the iFLY indoor parachuting experience and Disneyland tickets, plus two days and a night in Vegas with a three-course meal at the Harley-Davidson cafe and a tour of Marvel’s Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. at Treasure Island.
Trip value is $21,000 including economy airfares, insurance, transfers, $400 prepaid credit and more.
To get the ball rolling on the custom competition Harley-Davidson Australia built a Street Glide Special in the Captain America theme with the aid of Marvel artists.
Harley and Marvel have enjoyed a long relationship of brand placement in Hollywood movies and even produced a comic book together.
Harley’s Dark Custom models, the Street 750 and Iron 883, feature in the latest Marvel Comics film, Captain America: Civil War.
Harley models such as the Breakout, Street 750, Fat Boy and even the electric Livewire have also been placed in recent movies such as Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009), Terminator: Genisys (2015), Furious 6 (2013) and Marvel’s The Avengers (2012).
Check out all the Harley-Davidson Marvel Super Hero Customs here
- Spider-man, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Phil’s Garage (NSW) and Canberra H-D (ACT)
- Iron Man – Muscle (V-Rod) – McIver & Veitch (NZ) & Adelaide Bike Works (SA)
- Thor, Breakout (Softail) – Harley-Heaven Western Sydney (NSW)
- Hulk, Fat Boy Lo (Softail) – Geelong H-D (VIC)
- Hulk, Breakout (Softail) – Sun City H-D (QLD)
- Spider-Gwen, Street 500 (Street) – Gasoline Alley Harley-Davidson (QLD) & Fraser Motorcycles Newcastle (NSW)
- Black Widow, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Harley-Heaven Melbourne (VIC) & Sy’s H-D (NSW)
- Wasp. Roadster (Sportster) – Fraser Motorcycles Perth (WA)
- Groot, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Fraser Motorcycles Wollongong (NSW) & Central Coast H-D (NSW)
- Ultron, Night Rod Special (V-Rod) – Horsham H-D (VIC) & Harley Central (VIC)
- Drax the Destroyer, Fat Bob (Dyna) – North Coast V-Twins (NSW) & Richardson’s Harley-Davidson (TAS)
- Black Panther, Breakout (Softail) – Fraser Motorcycles Concord (NSW) & Western Ranges (NSW)
- Ant-Man, Street Bob (Dyna) – Harley City (VIC) & Gold Coast Harley (QLD)
- The Punisher, Forty-Eight (Sportster) – SunShine Coast (QLD) & Rolling Thunder MC (NZ)
- Ghost Rider, Road Glide Special (Touring) – Morgan & Wacker Brisbane (QLD)
- Thanos, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Heaven Adelaide (SA)