Taiwan manufacturer Kymco has introduced an S model of its likeable Like 150 scooter to Australia for the very likeable price of $4490.
That’s $500 less than the R version because it deletes the top box and carrier. It comes with a three-year warranty.
The Like 150 S is yet another strangely named scooter, but certainly not the strangest.
How about the Zip, Fly, Burgman, Buddy, Babydoll, Mio, Movie, People, Ruckus, Bet & Win, Majesty, Agility, Zuma and Exciting!
Is it any wonder motorcyclists poke fun at scooter riders when their machines have such silly names?
Mind you, motorcyclists can’t scoff when they are riding bikes with names like Harley’s Fat Boy or Fat Bob, or Suzuki’s Gladius, or Aprilia Shiver.
The Kymco Like 150 S is based on the Like 150 R, but has a more streamlined dash, slimmer headlight, new pillion grabrail, new front vent, new muffler cover and black piping, forks, front vent, headlight bezel and mirrors.
It is powered by the same 9.9kW (13.3hp) four-valve fuel-injected engine which is now smoother and quieter thanks to recent refinements such as helical gears in the CVT twist-and-go transmission.
The Like 150 S also gets chassis updates from the Like line-up, including a bi-beam frame and repositioned fuel tank to lower the centre of gravity.
It features telescopic forks, twin preload-adjustable shock absorbers, light-weight 12-inch wheels and dual channel Bosch anti-lock braking.
2021 KYMCO LIKE 150 S
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke 150cc SOHC single-cylinder
- Power: 9.9kW (13.3hp)
- Transmission: Twist and go CVT automatic
- Front suspension: Telescopic fork, 95mm travel
- Rear suspension: Twin shocks, adjustable for preload, 86mm travel
- Front brakes: 220mm disc with twin-piston caliper, ABS
- Rear brake: 220mm disc with single-piston caliper, ABS
- Wheels: 12-inch
- Tyres: 110/70-12 front, 130/70-12 rear
- Dry weight: 115kg
- Seat height: 790mm
- Fuel capacity: 6.8 litres
- Colour: Orange
- Warranty: Three years, unlimited kilometres