Amidst the flurry of activity surrounding Royal Enfield’s Super Meteor and Interceptor/Continental GT 650, the Indian bike brand’s parent company – Eicher Motors – has registered papers for a new middleweight contender: The “Bear.”
Based on the Interceptor, this brawny-titled beastie will purportedly be released to market for India, Australia and New Zealand (via Top Speed); we haven’t any further details, but based on the similarities between the Super Meteor/Interceptor/Continental GT 650, we’ve done a rough estimation of the following in specs / componentry:
- A 648cc parallel-twin heart featuring just under 50hp @ around 73200rpm, with 52 Nm of torque @ around 5250rpm
- A top speed between 94 and 99 miles
- A riding range upwards of 194 miles
- A larger tank capacity – perhaps something around 4 gallons
- A Dual-Channel ABS system
- Digital Instrument Cluster with LCD
The Bear is a nature-loving title; as such, expect this bike to have additional compatibility with off-roading – perhaps longer suspension, a higher ground clearance, or new rolling duties.
What do you think Royal Enfield has in mind with the Bear?