The Best Adventure & Touring Motorcycle Gloves for 2022
Priced under $125, these gloves are ideal for new riders or value-conscious shoppers looking for the best deal.
Priced $126–$200, these gloves are high quality and offer more varied features and protection for the price point.
Priced $200 and up. This category has the best of what is available when it comes to adventure and touring gloves.
A note about our recommendations:
There’s a lot of fake “review sites” online today. We get it. We aren’t one of them. Founded in 2000, the team at wBW has extensively tested more than 2,500 pieces of gear. Helmets, jackets, boots, gloves, accessories, and more. We extensively and exhaustively test gear. We do not fluff reviews. Read our review policies.
Priced under $125
Best Entry Level Adventure & Touring Gloves
Moose Racing ADV 1 Short Gloves
Where to Buy:
The ADV1 Short is a great all-around ADV glove that will stand up well to the typical mayhem adventures riders love to get into. A high denier fabric shell with integrated stretch panels resists abrasion well and makes for easy finger movement.
D3O® Pro knuckle pads offer solid impact protection and the Hipora waterproof/windproof breathable membrane will help keep things dry.
- Short glove design with low-profile closure to fit under jacket cuff and seal out the elements
- High denier fabric shell with integrated stretch panels
- Pre-curved finger patterning for increased comfort
- Flexible D3O® mesh finger panels
- D3O® Pro knuckle pad
- Smart skin TPU coating for enhanced durability
- Hipora® waterproof/windproof and breathable membrane
- Waterproof Clarino® palm with genuine leather overlaid in high wear areas
- Cuff strap adjustments to fine-tune fit
- Thin moisture wicking lining for added comfort/warmth
- Combination of perforated leather and synthetics for lightweight but strong protection
- D30 knuckles and flexible D30 give great outer hand protection
- A waterproof Clarino leather palm will hold up well against ground slides
- Pre-curved finger patterning for increased comfort and good bar contact
Scorpion EXO Klaw II Gloves
Where to Buy:
The Klaw II glove is much more focused on the touring side of ADV/touring. Designed to be worn all day comfortably, it is made of goatskin with slight perforation to allow just enough airflow.
Molded TPU on the knuckles and fingers provide protection, while the wrist closure is made of Neoprene to be as comfortable as possible on the highest movement area of your throttle hand.
- Durable, goatskin leather construction
- TPU molded knuckle protection
- Pre-curved palm and fingers for grip comfort
- TPR molded finger protectors
- Rib-stretch knuckle expansion panels provide flexibility
- Neoprene wrist relief panel
- Hook and loop wrist closure
- Full goatskin construction for lightweight but durable abrasion resistance
- Finger TPU panels protect against rocks and road debris brought up by vehicle tires, as well as providing a slide zone
- Knuckle TPU is mounted on a stretch zone to allow for maximum comfort and flexibility
Rev’It Sand 4 Gloves
Where to Buy:
The REV’IT Sand 4 is a great short glove for warmer conditions but still offers the safety that you want every time you are on your bike. At just around $100, they are perfect for riders who are in a hot environment but also prefer to ride with gloves. Comfort and protection are well balanced with functionality in these short gloves.
We have an in-depth riding review from October 2021 of the Sand 4 Gloves. Check it out here.
- Runs slightly small; order the larger size if you are between sizes
- Outer Shell: 3D air mesh | stretch | connect finger tip leather | goatskin | PWR|shell 500D stretch
- Lining: tricot lining
- Composition: 68% Leather, 20% Polyester, 11% polyamide, 1% polyurethane
- Protection: injected ventilated flex knuckle | Temperfoam ® knuckle | PWR shield at Palm | TPR injected finger knuckle protectors | TPR palm slider
- Visibility: reflective stretch inserts
- Adjustability: adjustment tab at cuff
- Ventilation: ventilation panels, ventilated TPR injected knuckles
- Features: short cuff, elastic at wrist and back hand, outside stitching, grip patch at palm, connect finger tip
- TPR flexible ventilated knuckle, TPR palm slider, PWR yarn, and TPR finger knuckles
- Temperfoam is added for additional impact protection at the fingers, thumb, knuckles, back of the hand, at the palm slider, and at the cuff
- Additional ventilation panels help to reduce sweating, which can cause a loss of gripping ability and fatigue
- New triangular open TPR allows much more airflow to the hand without losing armor integrity
Best Mid-Range Adventure & Touring Gloves
Klim Adventure GTX Short Gloves
Where to Buy:
Klim specializes in the ADV and touring markets, and this glove is a perfect demonstration. GoreTex lining keeps the hands dry, while goat leather and synthetic stretch woven material makes the glove lightweight.
The knuckle is protected by carbon fiber, while ceramic superfabric covers the palm heel and finger sliders to maximize abrasion resistance. The palm is made of Poron XRD anti-penetration material to prevent impacts on rocks and gravel from piercing the glove.
- Gore-Tex + Gore Grip technology
- Guaranteed to keep you dry
- Goat leather and stretch woven construction
- Short cuff design for under-the-cuff use
- Ceramic print in slide areas
- 3D silicone finger pads
- Carbon fiber knuckle protector
- Poron XRD palm
- Moisture-wicking liner material
- Klim-engineered rider grip articulation
- Mult-E-Touch smart device functionality
- Visor wiper
- Entry assist loop
- VELCRO® brand wrist closure
- Poron XRD in the palm ensures that if you fall and put your hand down on something sharp, it won’t pierce or cut
- Carbon fiber knuckles are extremely durable and lightweight
- Ceramic coated superfabric on all slide areas increases abrasion resistance
- Goatskin leather and synthetic materials are naturally abrasion resistant
Alpinestars Belize Drystar Gloves
Where to Buy:
A proper ADV glove should mean that you never need to change out the glove during the day. This is where the Belize Drystar shines, as it is designed from the outset to be an all day and all night three-season glove.
Drystar lining keeps your hands dry, perforated leather and synthetic materials keeps them ventilated, and TPU sliders and a matte carbon fiber knuckle keeps them protected. This is the best of all worlds in one glove.
- Multi-panel, multi-material construction consisting of stretch polyamide fabric, leather, and perforated leather on back of hand
- Leather palm, thumb, and fourchettes for comfort and durability
- PU-coated reinforcements on palm and thumb provide superior grip on controls
- Synthetic suede reinforcements with foam padding on the palm
- TPU palm slider to provide abrasion resistance on key impact zones
- Wrist closure system with stretch strap for tight closure
- Reflective print to increase rider visibility
- Touchscreen compatible fingertips for use with smart devices
- Molded matte carbon reinforced hard knuckle to increase protection
- Waterproof Drystar-sealed triple layer construction for a highly reduced material construction to promote dexterity and sensitivity of bike controls
- Stretch accordions on finger tips and backhand to increase flexibility and fit
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement
- Arshield reinforcements, consisting of aramidic fiber and polyamide for abrasion resistance performance for fourth finger
- Stretch panel on backhand for better fit
- CE certified level 1
- TPU palm and finger sliders take the brunt of impact abrasion to give the glove the best chance to survive a slide
- Leather in the palm, covering the thumb, and in the fourchettes is super durable and abrasion-resistant
- Back of hand is leather with synthetic materials in key areas for maximum protection without overheating
Held Sambia Pro Gloves
Where to Buy:
These are highly featured gloves that will please even the most hardcore ADV rider. They are constructed with an elastane leather back and a highly abrasion-resistant kangaroo leather palm, and once broken in they move easily in concert with your hands.
The knuckle protection is substantial with air venting and exhaust; these are definitely a warm-weather glove. A visor wipe is added to the index finger, something I always appreciate, and they also feature touchscreen capabilities.
- Elastane leather detailed back
- Highly abrasion-resistant kangaroo leather palm
- 37.5 inner lining at upper hand, unlined palm
- Special flat seam
- VELCRO® adjustment at cuffs
- Perforated finger side walls
- Perforated leather on palm
- Air-vents on fingers (ACS-Air circulation System)
- Special leather at finger which allows smartphone operation
- Visor wiper
- Hard plastic knuckle protection
- Knuckle protection tested (impact test for knuckle protection)
- Palm & ball of thumb reinforced with SuperFabric brand material underlaid with Armaprotec
- The palm is made from Kangaroo leather—very durable, and oh so supple
Best High-End Adventure & Touring Gloves
Rev’It Dominator GTX Gloves
Where to Buy:
REV’IT has stepped up their game with the Dominator GTX ADV/touring gloves. The outer shell of these gloves is all leather, but the composition is from a variety of different hides.
The location of each variant is based on the balance of durability and comfort needed in that specific part of the hand and lower wrist. GoreTex lining keeps the hands dry, while full TPU armor on the knuckles, palm, thumb, and finger sliders provides class-leading abrasion resistance and impact protection.
- Outer shell:
- Drum dyed goatskin with WR finish
- Pittards hairsheep diamond WR100X
- Cow leather
- Lining: Tri-fleece liner
- Waterproofing: GORE-TEX Gloves + Gore grip technology
- Breathability: GORE-TEX Gloves + Gore grip technology
- Outer shell: 100% leather
- Lining: 100% polyester
- Membrane: 100% Gore-Tex® membrane (ePTFE)
- Ventilated dual comp protector at knuckle
- TPU hard-shell palm slider
- TPU hard-shell thumb protector
- PU injected finger knuckles
- PWR yarn
- Visibility: Reflection at little finger
- Fit: Tour fit
- Adjustability: Wrist and cuff adjustment system
- Ventilation: Ventilated dual comp protector
- Features: Outside stitching, stretch panels at fingers, elastic at wrist, short cuff
- Multiple types and grades of leather in specific areas provide the best abrasion resistance possible while maintaining a lightweight glove feel
- TPU sliders on main slide areas help with abrasion
- TPU palm heel and knuckles provide impact protection
- Ventilated TPU surround at the knuckles allows for natural ventilation through the GoreTex liner