If you are planning to have a fantastic, customized bike sowing your own identity as well as comfort, you will need matching accessories such as helmet, backpack, knee pack, elbow pack and the main thing, your jacket. Just riding in local traffic is okay, but to be on a long cruise, weekend ride, mountain safari or an off-road drive, you will need a protective, elegant, and fairly priced jacket which can hold its own against the violent wind so that you won’t have to repent afterwards.
So, what is your style?
The choice of your jacket depends on your need and the road on which you are riding. Also, whether you want one piece or two pieces, or storage in pockets, depends on your preference. Generally, the material of jacket come in three types. There is textile, leather and a combination of textile and leather. If you are of the dashing superhero type, go for a leather jacket made of cow, goat or kangaroo leather for abrasion resistance. For a systematic rider, a textile jacket made of nylon Armacor, Dynatec or Cordura is good for better ventilation. And if you want both, go for a combination of leather and textile waterproof jacket.
The color of the jacket should be visible in sparse light. So if you are going for a black or brown piece, make sure there are fluorescent yellow liners or patches for high visibility. The pocket zips should be of plastic or metal and covered by flaps. Sleeves should be at wrist level with the zipper. There should be a padding of leather at elbow, knee and back. The jacket should be moderately fit to the body, have plenty of storage, yet light in weight.
And if you are more cautious, buy a jacket with CE1 or CE2 approval. There are plenty of jackets available in the market and the right pick will depend a lot on your personality. Fortunately, we are here to guide you. The ultimate choice is yours.
Speed and Strength Straight Savage Jacket
This is for the flamboyant rider who wants safety as well as comfort and elegance. The material used for this SS Straight Savage jacket is a combination of premium cowhide leather and cotton canvas frame. It comes in three colors and ranges in sizes from SM to 5XL.
The name Savage itself pictures a violent you, doing burnouts and 360s on that rowdy V-Twin. The design screams a rough use and you get matching gloves as well as a helmet, so if you plan on leaving your competition in the dust, this combination will work out great for you. But that’s not all you’re going to do wearing this jacket, are you?
- The jacket is roomy with Armed Response pockets, four at the front and two at the sides.
- The zippers are easy to open, made up of plastic with flaps.
- Available in three colors – black, black-brown, and black-olive.
- Available in wide range of sizes, from 38-40” [SM] to 61-63” [5XL]; sleeves from 32” to 37” [extra tall].
- Waist adjuster with locking.
- Mandarin style stand color of one-inch breadth.
- The hoody liner can be removed.
- Belt for attachment/detachment with pant. Great for retaining a sliding pair of trousers!
- Trims are reflective.
- CE – approved.
- Matching gloves available.
- Some ventilation is available at the biceps and at the back.
- Now let us see the pros and cons of this jacket.
- Strong, Straight, Savage jacket.
- Three colors, so choice to select.
- Six roomy pockets with zip and flap for storage of things.
- Detachable hood.
- Adjustable with pant.
- CE approved.
- Removable outer coat when not in use.
- Limited color choices
- Not suitable for extreme heat and cold. Avoid tropical regions at all costs, with this on you.
Speed and Strength Rage with the Machine Jacket
If you want to look strong, tough and intimidating while being one with your machine and focus all your anger to get more velocity, this jacket will give you the perfect look. As the name suggests, it is an angry looking jacket with combination of denim and leather.
The default color is black with a perforated torso and inscription of Premium appliqué graphics of “Speed and Strength” on one sleeve and “Rage With The Machine” on another sleeve. A Speed and Strength logo, ‘Rage with the Machine’ in the shape of a skull and ‘Give ‘er Hell’ is quite vivid on the stitching at the back. What’s impressive is the stitching quality and finish. The – 8 0 1 0 8 – or the birthdate of Speed and Strength follows suit below the skull.
Not exactly wild west, but a combination of plain pattern mesh with jeans and stitching intermingled. It should be great for your anger management. Otherwise you can just get angry at the jacket itself because you can get wet in it. Mission accomplished.
- Combination of denim and leather.
- Removable vault shoulder, spine and elbow protector.
- The protectors are CE approved.
- Removable sleeve with strong adjuster.
- Zipper with flaps. YKK brand.
- Four pockets at front, two on the side and one inside the mesh lining/inner frame.
- Waist adjuster.
- Belts for attaching to your jeans.
- Shoulder flex gussets.
- Reflective trim.
- Perforated torso.
- What is so special about this visibly ‘angry’ jacket?
- The jacket is attractive to special, badass people because of the appliqué graphics.
- Perforated torso to face the strong wind.
- Removable Vault protector.
- Spine protector.
- Appliqué graphics at the back also.
- Pant and sleeves adjuster.
- CE approved vault protector.
- No waterproofing.
- No color choice.
Speed and Strength Fast Forward Jacket
The Speed and Strength fast forward jacket is a sports/touring jacket, but it is suitable to all riders. It is made of textiles but it has water proofing A600 Frame with ventilation. It even has a removable-sleeves liner. At a standard size, this jacket is quite spacious. So people who work out will have some room to stretch in. But you won’t be able to show off your flexed biceps or perfect abs. Well, it’s one or the other.
The jacket comes in three colors–full black, black with red, and black with green. This fluorescent combination gives an attractive look to the jacket. The minimalistic visual design is complemented by astute branding at select places.
- AR-600 waterproof frame.
- Removable vault CE 1 approved protector for elbow, spine and shoulder.
- Speed zip controlled ventilation.
- The sleeves have three adjusters and monkey paw has one adjuster.
- Waist cord adjuster. Lock down waist adjuster.
- Two large storage pockets with concealed zip at back and at the sleeves too.
- Hood is easily removable.
- The trimming is fluorescent for high vis traveling.
- The wide range of sizes from SM to 4XL.
- This jacket caters the need of your show as well as compatibility. The color combination gives attractive view with speed and strength Appliqué tagline at shoulder.
- Water resistance 600AR frame.
- Rear storage concealed pockets.
- Good choice of colors.
- Removable hood.
- Waist and sleeves adjuster.
- Sleeves have monkey paws.
- Loose adjustable fitting for ventilation.
- No leather lining.
- Lack of sturdiness.
- No tightening straps at waist.
Speed and Strength Off The Chain 2.0 Textile Jacket
This is a textile jacket for casual riding in cities and urban roads for all riders. It is attractive as well as comfortable. The collar and cuffs are lined with microfiber material which is really smooth, almost like a velvet, to keep you comfortable when you are slogging it out in the traffic.
The variety of colors available are black, black and orange, brown and vintage black. For multiple choices, there are sizes from 38” to 63”. It has a fair bit of ventilation in cool as well as hot environments, making it somewhat of an all-rounder.
- Waterproofing AR-600 frame.
- C.E. approved removable vault protector for elbow, shoulder, and spine.
- Removable hood made of cotton.
- Six concealed zipped pockets, four at torso, two at sleeves.
- Two concealed zipped big pockets at back.
- One big zipped pocket on the inner frame.
- Microfiber lined cuffs with monkey paw and collar.
- Shoulder expansion gussets.
- Waist – lockdown waist adjuster.
- Attachment belt with pants.
- Fluorescent trims.
- Comfortable sweatshirt.
- Comfortable sizes.
- Speed logo at chest.
This is the casual jacket so the features are for comfort and fitting more than sturdiness or strength. The specific features, i.e. pros are:
- Four color choices.
- The ventilation is good enough whether you take out outer coat or not.
- Many concealed zipper pockets for storage.
- Waist and pant attachment.
- Adjustable sleeves.
- Removable hood.
It has some cons too:
- The pockets are small. It cannot carry or hide a firearm if somebody wishes to carry one.
- The shoulder protection gets misplaced sometimes.
- Ventilation in hot weather is scarce.
Speed and Strength Overhaul Jacket
This is a special Denim Jacket recalling the cowboy design. Its mandarin collar provides ample comfort. It is available in two colors–black and brown. Shoulder and waist gusseting for comfort, leather trim cuffs, C.E. approved armor protector for elbow, shoulder and spine make this jacket a feature rich choice. The removable protectors have had DuPont Kevlar fiber thread reinforcements at the shoulder and elbow for that extra impact protection.
Reflective trims are also present, as expected from SS.
The jacket has many sizes from 38” to 63”. The fitting is especially correct and stylish so that it can fit on anybody with comfort and ventilation. This is more of a summer jacket because it is more useful in spring weather at 75-90 degrees and protects against intense winds. The armor is sturdy and ample pockets will call out your hoarding instincts.
- Enzyme washed denim frame weighing in at 12 oz.
- Light weight.
- Removable CE approved vault protector for elbow, shoulder and spine with DuPont Kevlar fiber thread reinforcements.
- Insulated vest liner that is detachable.
- Jacket and pant joining belt.
- Leather reflective trims.
- YKK zippers.
- Mandarin stand collar.
- The paddings feel like they have been tested for positions and are not misplaced.
- No extras provided.
- Unsuitable for warmer climates.