Harley-Davidson has stripped $1500 off the price of the Street Glide and deleted the distracting music infotainment system to create the new dressed-down Electra Glide Standard dresser.
It arrives mid-May in “Vivid Black” at $34,495 ride-away ($NZ37,995) which compares with the Street Glide at $36,995.
Despite deleting the infotainment system, the Electra Glide Standard still has a lot of features such as electronic cruise control, hand-adjustable emulsion-technology rear shock absorbers, 49mm front forks with dual bending valve suspension, and Reflex Linked Brembo Brakes with ABS.
“The deletion of the infotainment system enhances the light touch and leaves the rider to focus on connecting with the road,” Harley says.
It is still powered by the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine.
Harley styling guru Brad Richards calls it a “dressed-down dresser”
“To express the stripped-back essence of the Electra Glide Standard, we focused on finishes that were simple, timeless, and fundamental to the Harley-Davidson’s touring line. Chrome was added to key components and complimented by polished and blacked out parts, for example,” he says.
“The rocker, cam, and derby covers are finished with chrome to emphasise the V-Twin shape of the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine. In addition, they add a dose of nostalgia that draws a through-line all the way back to the first Electra Glide.”
Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard tech specs
- VIVID BLACK$34,495 AUD / $37,995NZD
- ENGINE 2Milwaukee-Eight® 107
- BORE100 mm
- STROKE111 mm
- DISPLACEMENT1,745 cc
- COMPRESSION RATIO10.0:1
- FUEL SYSTEMElectronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- EXHAUSTChrome, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- LENGTH2,400 mm
- SEAT HEIGHT, UNLADEN680 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE120 mm
- RAKE (STEERING HEAD) (DEG)26
- TRAIL170 mm
- WHEELBASE1,625 mm
- TYRES, FRONT SPECIFICATIONBW 130/80B17 65H
- TYRES, REAR SPECIFICATIONBW 180/65B16 81H
- FUEL CAPACITY22.7 l
- OIL CAPACITY (W/FILTER)4.9 l
- WEIGHT, AS SHIPPED354 kg
- WEIGHT, IN RUNNING ORDER372 kg
- LUGGAGE CAPACITY -VOLUME0.064 m3
- ENGINE TORQUE TESTING METHODEC 134/2014
- ENGINE TORQUE 3150 Nm
- ENGINE TORQUE (RPM)3,250
- LEAN ANGLE, RIGHT (DEG.)31
- LEAN ANGLE, LEFT (DEG.)29
- PRIMARY DRIVEChain, 34/46 ratio
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 1ST9.593
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 2ND6.65
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 3RD4.938
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 4TH4
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 5TH3.407
- GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 6TH2.875
- WHEELS, FRONT TYPE 7Impeller Cast Aluminium
- WHEELS, REAR TYPEImpeller Cast Aluminium
- BRAKES, CALIPER TYPE32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- LIGHTS (AS PER COUNTRY REGULATION), INDICATOR LAMPS 6High beam, running lights, directional lights, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, neutral, cruise control, accessory, battery, gear indication, security system, 6-speed, low fuel warning, ABS, miles to empty display, fog/aux lamp indicator
- GAUGESGauges styled to complement each vehicle. Display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty and gear indicator; and larger tell-tale indicators.
Read more at https://www.harley-davidson.com/au/en/motorcycles/2019/touring/electra-glide-standard/detailed-specs-and-pricing.html#iygWttyPP3pykAZl.99