In this great video by Airbrush Asylum, you can learn how to create a cool skull design on your Bell Rogue Helmet chin guard–step by step!
- Use a water-based post sanding cleaner such as KC20 and a clean rag to rub the chin guard dry and get the surface nice and clean.
- Spray on a nice even coat of adhesion promoter. Leave it to dry for at least 20 minutes.
- Airbrush directly on the chin guard. Do your skull design free-hand. Add shape and detail as you go. The airbrush strokes do not have to be perfect, especially with this design.
- Add shape and refine edges with black paint. Apply shadows and shading to create a smoother, more three-dimensional look.
- Add white again to brighten the area and add highlights and cracks. Adding white can help to refine your shapes as well. Gradually build and do numerous coats.
- Do a final coat of black to add more texture and detail. This will enhance the three-dimensional look. Be sure to keep the paint thin and mix with reducer.
- Add any finishing touches and enjoy your new chin guard!