Abbotsford was an Australian manufacturer of motorcycles founded by G.W.Revell. The company was headquartered in Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia and operated from 1912 and 1913.
Bennett & Barkell Motorcycles
Bennett & Barkell Motorcycles was an Australian motorcycle manufacturer that operated from 1910 to early 1930s. As was the case with most early Australian motorcycle companies at that time, their machines were manufactured primarily from British parts. The B&B machines used JAP engines and Chater-Lea frames. They included 2.5 hp., 3.5 hp. 4 hp. (500cc), 6 hp. (770cc) and 8 hp. (1000cc) machines.
Hunter Motorcycles Worldwide is an Australian motorcycle brand specialising in low-to-high capacity street and tourer style bikes. Hunter Motorcycles was started with an intention to fill a niche for good looking learner street bikes. The founder started the company as his own children came of riding age, realising there was little choice of learner-specific bikes on the market.
Sol Invictus Motorcycle Co.
Sol Invictus Motorcycle Company is an Australian motorcycle brand specialising in low-to-high capacity street and tourer style bikes. The first Sol Invictus Motorcycle was approved for sale in Australia by the Department of Infrastructure in 2007. In 2017 Sol Invictus Motorcycles were also approved for sale in Nepal and Indonesia.
Thumpstar is a pit bike manufacturer that was founded in Australia in 2004 by Timothy Hunter, a motor-cycle dealer and racer. The first Thumpstar models were released into the market between 2004 and 2006. They were the JNR 90cc, Super Hunge 110cc and the Professional Hunge 125cc. The most successful was the Professional Hunge with its CNC TUV certified full billet T6 heat treated alloy frame. Thumpstar became a well-known pit bike brand with global sales turnover reaching more than A$45 million in its first 13 months of business.
Waratah motorcycles were manufactured in Sydney, Australia, from before 1911 to around 1948, although Waratah badged motorcycles were sold into the 1950s. Initially, they made small machines assembled from predominantly British components, including Villiers engines, Sun frames, Druid and Brampton forks. In 1921, they described themselves as sole importers of Villiers-Waratah Motor-Cycles. Fafnir and V.T.S. engines were also used. In the later years (post World War II), they badge engineered using, it is believed, Norman and Excelsior machines. They were widely considered as Australia’s longest running motorcycle manufacturer.