Kawasaki has just announced their naked and supercharged Z H2 will arrive in Australia early next year.
It’s not quite naked with a sporty nose-cone fairing, but it is more exposed than the current range of H2, H2 Carbon, track-only H2R and super-touring H2 SX SE+.
Z H2 will arrive in metallic spark black with metallic graphite grey and mirror-coated spark black with pricing yet to be confirmed. However, it should cost less than the H2 at $29,990 (plus on-road costs).
Z H2 power
Power and torque will also be a little lower at 147.1kW compared with 170kW and torque at 137Nm compared with the H2’s 141.7Nm.
Kawasaki says this is more manageable power that will make it easier to ride and “you would be more likely to want to ride it every day, regardless of where you had to go”.
Strangely, stripped of much of its fairing, it will actually 1kg more at 239kg.
Kawasaki says it will include the following features:
- Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU);
- Hydraulic Assist & Slipper Clutch;
- Kawasaki Quick Shifter for up and down shifts;
- New TFT display with Rideology THE APP Bluetooth connectivity;
- Trellis Frame;
- Showa suspension; and
- 4 Integrated Riding modes: Sport, Road, Rain and Rider mode.
Kawasaki Z H2 (ZR1000K) specs
- Engine: 9983cc liquid-cooled, 16-valve, in-line four
- Compression: 11.2:1
- Bore x stroke: 76.0 × 55.0 mm
- Power: 147.1 kW @ 11,000rpm
- Torque: 137Nm @ 8500rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Frame: Trellis, high-tensile steel
- Tyres: 120/70ZR17 M/C 58W; 190/55ZR17 M/C 75W
- Wheels: 17M/C × MT3.50; 17M/C × MT6.00
- Rake and trail: 24.9, 104mm
- Brakes: 290mm discs, 226mm disc
- Length: 2085mm
- Width: 810mm
- Height: 1130mm
- Wheelbase: 1455mm
- Clearance: 140mm
- Seat: 830mm
- Kerb weight: 239kg
- Tank: 19 litres