2015 BMW R 1200 RS Preview
R 1200 RS Announced
BMW Motorrad Press Release Edited by webBikeWorld.com
Owner Comments (Below)
BMW Motorcycles Page
More Intermot 2014:
▪ 2015 BMW Motorcycles Preview
▪ 2015 BMW
R 1200 R Preview
In addition to the new 2015 BMW R
1200 R (Preview), BMW announced it's better-looking brother, the new R 1200 RS at the
2014 Intermot show on September 30 in Cologne.
The new BMW R 1200 RS is "a new dimension in sports touring",
according to the Bavarians.
BMW Motorrad and the legendary RS production bikes are a model badge
that continues to symbolize travel and sport in equal measure.
In 1976, the R 100 RS became the first mass-produced motorcycle in
the world to come with a full, frame-mounted fairing that had been
developed in the wind tunnel. As the consummate all-rounder for both
travelling and sporting deployment, it established the sports-tourer
segment, as it has been known ever since.
With the arrival of the new R 1200 RS, BMW Motorrad is continuing
this long tradition by unveiling a sports-tourer powered by a flat-twin
engine that succeeds in transposing the all-round qualities of the
original BMW RS concept into the modern day to stunning effect.
Highlights of the New BMW R 1200 RS
- Classic flat-twin boxer engine with 125 HP (92 kW) at 7,750 RPM and 92
ft. lbs. of torque (125 Nm) at 6,500 RPM.
- Sporty and dynamic sports tourer design.
- Aerodynamically styled semi-fairing with adjustable windshield.
- Torsionally rigid tubular steel bridge frame with engine as
- Classic wheel suspension concept using upside-down telescopic fork at
the front and EVO Paralever at the rear.
- New intake air duct and central radiator for ultra-compact front
- Upright, sporty yet relaxed seating position for a dynamic riding
sensation combined with excellent seating comfort for longer tours.
- Exhaust system in pentagonal design.
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC).
- Rain and Road riding modes.
- Riding mode Pro offering two additional riding modes, “Dynamic” and
“User”, for optimum adaptation to prevailing riding conditions as an
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as part of the Riding mode Pro option.
- Latest-generation Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) as an
option for optimum riding dynamics in any situation.
- Powerful braking system with radial four-piston calipers and ABS.
- Lightweight 10-spoke cast wheels.
- Gear Shift Assistant Pro for fast, clutchless shifting as an ex-works
- Sophisticated instrument cluster offering a wide array of functions and
wealth of information.
- Keyless Ride for supreme ease of use as an ex-works option.
- Innovative color scheme with two individual characters, classically
sporty in the basic colors and sporty and exclusive in the Style 2
- Extensive range of optional extras and special accessories available
► 2015 BMW R1200RS Slide Show ◄
Pricing and Availability
Pricing TBD. The BMW R1200RS will be available starting in Spring
Motorcycles Preview | wBW
BMW Motorcycles Page
For informational use only. All material and photographs are Copyright © webWorld International, LLC since 2000.
All rights reserved. See the webBikeWorld® Site Info
. Product specifications, features and details may change or differ from our descriptions. Always check before purchasing. Read
the Terms and Conditions
►Your Comments and Feedback
Please send comments to