Torture Test for Quality
I reported a while back on the YouTuber that bought the most expensive street-legal motorcycle he could find on Amazon. It was a sportbike of an unclear brand with a Lifan engine that he paid about $2,500 for. While the motorcycle seemed like not such a bad buy at first, he wanted to see what it was really made of, so he devised a torture test that was meant to replicate five or so years of heavy use.
The test consisted of the following:
- Redline the motorcycle for 1 hour.
- Keep the engine running for 72 hours.
- Clutch test by towing a van half a mile.
- Oil change while running (it ran without oil for 5 minutes).
- Heat test with a space heater.
- Off-roading the bike.
As you can see in the video below. The bike takes all of this abuse like a champ. Is it the toughest machine out there? Certainly not, but it’s surprisingly good for the money. The motorcycle actually comes with a two-year powertrain warranty and a one-year fender to fender warranty. All things considered, this is a pretty good bike for $2,500.