Albrecht BPA 100 Bluetooth Adapter
Albrecht BPA 100 Bluetooth Adapter Review
by H.B.C. for webBikeWorld.com
Owner Comments (Below)
Motorcycle Intercom Reviews
See Also: Midland BT2
Bluetooth Intercom Review
Bluetooth adapter connects to non-Bluetooth devices and allows
wireless connectivity with a Bluetooth motorcycle intercom.
The Albrecht BPA 100 Bluetooth adapter was purchased as
an accessory for the Midland BT2 intercom set previously
Albrecht and Midland are companies owned
by CE International (see summary table below).
A Bluetooth adapter is a device (aka
"dongle") that can be connected to various electronics
to output their sound via Bluetooth to separate
(Bluetooth) receivers, like the BT2 or other compatible
Bluetooth communications or headset systems.
Configuring the Albrecht BPA 100
Bluetooth Adapter With the Midland BT2 Intercom
Configuring the Albrecht BPA 100 Bluetooth device is no more
difficult than any other Bluetooth adapter and similar
to the procedure used for Bluetooth motorcycle intercom
components turned off, put the BT2 module in Setup Mode
(solid Red LED), then press and hold the large pressure
button (function key) on the BPA for six to eight
seconds. Two small Red and Green LEDS will start
flashing an alternating pattern indicating its Pairing
Next press the back (Aux) button on the BT2 module for a
few seconds, putting its Red and Blue LEDs into the
flashing pattern. After a couple of seconds, both
components will beep and the pairing lights will go out
– a pairing has been completed.
To finish, take the BT2
out of its Setup mode by pushing the middle (Intercom)
To use whatever is connected to the BPA 100 via its
2.5mm jack, simply push the Aux button on the BT2 for 1
to 2 seconds to activate that Bluetooth pairing. To
deactivate this connection, push the AUX button briefly.
Albrecht BPA 100 Specifications
- Bluetooth Version 1.1.
- Power: Class 2 (typically 2.5mW).
- Range: Typical maximum range of 10 metres.
- Battery Life: Standby up to 100 hours, with up to six
(6) hours of talk time.
- Battery: Lithium polymer 230mAh, kits includes a
110/220v AC/DC adapter with 220v plug only (adapter
required for NA use).
BPA 100 Package includes:
- Adapter with integrated Bluetooth chipset and
rechargeable LI-Ion battery.
- 230V charger to charge the adapter from 230V.
- Radio Connection Cable to connect the PTT key and
the adaptor to the 2-way handheld radio.
- Waterproof Push-To-Talk Key (PTT) with Velcro for
mounting onto handlebar or other suitable location.
- Interface requirement for 2-Way-Radios:
- Double audio jacks for mic (2,5 mm) and speaker /
phone (3.5 mm).
- Only radios can be used which has conventional
grounded audio outputs. DC coupled bridge amplifier
outputs will not work. All Alan / Midland
radios can be used.
- For radios with a single 2.5 mm stereo audio
socket, an additional adapter plug 29254 is
Technical Specifications (From Midland):
- Wireless transmission
system: Spread-Spectrum Bluetooth Standard 1.1,
- Frequency Range: 2402 to
- Channels: 79 with 1 Mhz bandwidth per channel
- Radiated transmission
power (ERP): Less than +4 dBm (2.5 mW), with
automatic power control
- Modulation: Digital
encryption, FHSS, GMSK, 1 Mbit/s
- Channel Occupancy System: Frequency hopping 625 ps time slot
- Maximum Communication
Distance: Approx. 10 m
- Operating Time: Switched on (StandBy) maximum of approx. 100 hours.
Talk time maximum of approx. 6 hours
- Audio Processing: PCM Codec
- Adaptor Power Supply: High power lithium polymer battery 170 mAh
- Charging System: 230 V switching power supply charger with automatic
full battery detecting.
See Also: Midland BT2
Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom Review |
Bluetooth Intercom Page |
Motorcycle Intercom Page
wBW Review: Albrecht BPA 100 Bluetooth Adapter
List Price (2008): £49.99
Review Date: November 2008
The webBikeWorld evaluators wear properly
fitted ear plugs for intercom evaluations. This is reflected
in the opinions on sound quality and speaker volume. Your experience may
differ. Always protect your hearing
when riding a motorcycle (more
For informational use only. All material and photographs are Copyright © webWorld International, LLC since 2000.
All rights reserved. See the webBikeWorld® Site Info
. Product specifications, features and details may change or differ from our descriptions. Always check before purchasing. Read
the Terms and Conditions
►Your Comments and Feedback
Please send comments to