2012 Vemar Attivo Flip-Up Helmet
by Rick Korchak for webBikeWorld.com
Reporting From EICMA 2011
Highlights of This Report:
- More photos and video added from EICMA 2011.
- New Vemar Attivo Flip-up Helmet announced.
- Less expensive than the Vemar Jiano EVO TC.
- LED cheek pads and Bluetooth options.
UPDATE: Vemar Attivo Review!
2012 Vemar Attivo Flip-Up Helmet Preview
October 27, 2011 - Vemar will introduce the new "Attivo" flip-up
helmet at the 2011 EICMA show. The Attivo will not replace the
Vemar Jiano EVO TC Flip-up (preview)
(full review in process) but will supplement the lineup as a lower-priced
alternative. It will be sold in Europe and the U.S.A.
Accessories for both the Jiano EVO TC and the Attivo include the Vemar
LED cheek pads with rechargeable battery and an integrated Bluetooth intercom
I handled the Attivo at the Vemar booth at EICMA; here is a video, some
photos and the Vemar press release for the new Attivo. Hopefully, we'll
have one for a review as soon as the helmet is ready!
Vemar Attivo Helmet at EICMA 2011
► 2012 Vemar Attivo Flip-Up Helmet
- Sizes: XS to XXL.
- Colors: Gloss Ash, Gloss Black, Gloss White, Matte
- Retail Price: Solids: $275.00.
- Engineered in Italy and manufactured in China
to the motorcyclist specific EC standard while also meeting the DOT
standard in the U.S.A.
- Five (5) year warranty from manufacturing date,
which equates to the full usable life of the helmet.
- Note that with CE certification the chin bars are
tested. Thus the Attivo has been CE certified just as a full face helmet
- The Attivo chin bar lock mechanism exceeds expectations
for safety and convenience. The face cover lock utilizes metal pins,
making it extremely resistant to opening in the event of an accident.
At the same time the actuation button is easy to use even with one gloved
- The exterior shell is constructed of a lightweight
yet incredibly strong Advanced Thermo Material (ATM).
- Exterior shell is aerodynamically shaped for
ease of cutting through the air with less buffeting and wind noise,
thus lessening the stress on the riderís neck muscles after a long ride.
- Two sizes of outer shells cover the 6 helmet sizes
for the ultimate in a light weight yet proportional fit.
- The Attivo features a double density high impact
inner EPS shell.
- The Attivo features a mid-oval shell shape which
offers a more generous fit front to back and more snug fit ear to ear.
- The Attivo face shield closes when the chin
bar of the helmet is opened. Not all modular helmets do this. If both
the chin bar of a helmet and the shield are open at the same time the
aerodynamic effect created is very uncomfortable (unsafe) for the rider,
this risk is eliminated with the Attivo.
- An anti-fog, non-scratch 2.2 mm thick outer quick
release clear shield is standard.
- A sleek 50% or smoke tint interior shield can
be moved into position at the riderís discretion via an easy to access
lever on the exterior left side of the helmet. Interior shield can be
used even with the chin bar rotated upward.
- Removable and washable ultra-plush non-deformable
high density expanded polyurethane cheek pads and liner which are manufactured
from a technical fiber that provides life-long treatment against odor,
fungus and bacteria, and extraordinary wicking capabilities that result
in enhanced rider comfort.
- Padded chin strap with a micro adjustable closure
buckle for fantastic comfort, easy operation and maximum safety.
- Removable and washable chin curtain is standard.
- A medium Attivo helmet weighs only 1780 grams or
- Features the exclusive "Vemar Klima"
adjustable full ventilation system with four intake vents on the top
and front of the exterior shell and three exhaust vents in the rear.
- Every Vemar helmet comes with a high quality helmet
bag and a detailed user guide.
UPDATE: Vemar Attivo Review!
Publication Date: October 27, 2011
and November 20, 2011
Note: For informational use only. All material and
photographs are Copyright © webWorld International, LLC since 2000.
All rights reserved. See the webBikeWorld©
page. Product specifications, features and details may
change or differ from our descriptions. Always check before purchasing. Read
Terms and Conditions!