► 2014 Honda Motorcycles
Press Release and
Photos Edited by webBikeWorld.com. Photos Courtesy
Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda CTX700N With DCT and ABS
Motorcycle Reviews |
November 21, 2013 - "The brilliance of Honda
engineering shines once again in the form of the 2014 CTX700N. This is a
bike specifically engineered to make motorcycling more approachable,
affordable and fun than ever before."
Thanks to a low seat height of only 28.3 inches, riders can quickly get
acclimated to life in the saddle. Honda’s acclaimed automatic Dual Clutch
Transmission (DCT) provides either a fully automatic mode or the option of
more active gear selection via paddle-shift type buttons on the handlebar,
and the DCT version also comes with an Antilock Braking System (ABS).
The 670cc parallel-twin engine features cylinders canted 62 degrees
forward for enhanced weight distribution and a lower center of gravity for
ease of handling.
This smooth-running fuel-injected engine pumps out loads of low-end and
midrange torque to simplify launching from stops even with the optional
six-speed manual gearbox, and there’s enough power on tap for wherever the
road may lead.
Beneath the fuel tank cover there’s a handy glove box area, and the fuel
is carried below. All in all, the CTX700N is an amazingly affordable, fun,
friendly and comfortable bike that is perfect for everyday rides, weekend
trips, two-up exploring or just about anything else you can dream up.
2014 Honda Motorcycles webBikeWorld Report
2014 Honda CTX700ND With DCT and ABS.
Features & Benefits
Sophisticated liquid-cooled SOHC eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine
pumps out abundant torque in the low-end and midrange for easily accessible
An impressively broad torque curve gives the CTX700N a linear and
smooth power delivery.
A relatively long engine stroke (80.0mm combined
with a 73.0mm bore) and a high-inertia crankshaft are design elements that
add to the CTX700N’s extremely tractable power characteristics.
62-degree forward lean given to the cylinder assembly facilitates
near-vertical mounting of the single 36mm throttle body for superior intake
port positioning and shaping. In addition, special shaping to the combustion
chambers further enhance engine combustion efficiency for clean burning and
optimal power production.
An engine balancer shaft quells vibration for
smooth, comfortable operation, and rubber-mounted footrests add to rider
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors
numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding
and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and
remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating
Two Model Options
- CTX700ND with DCT/ABS features a
second-generation automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission that
uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear
changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to
shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes: S for sport riding
and D for everyday use. The DCT model also features an Antilock Braking
System (ABS) to provide full antilock functionality for secure braking
- CTX700N features a manual six-speed transmission.
Honda CTX700N and CTX700ND Features
- Low seat
height, along with the new Honda parallel-twin engine design, creates a very
low center of gravity, making the CTX700N feel remarkably nimble and fun to
- Fuel capacity of 3.27 gallons and great fuel efficiency give the
CTX700N a long cruising range.
- A rigid and compact diamond-shape steel
frame, low center of gravity and plush suspension help make the CTX700N
responsive, agile and enjoyable to ride all day.
- Stout 41mm front fork
provides 4.2 inches of travel, while the Pro-Link® rear suspension system
delivers 4.3 inches of wheel travel.
- A remarkably low seat height of
28.3 inches helps instill rider confidence.
- Open, roomy ergonomics
position the rider in a well-balanced seating position for all-day comfort
- A large array of available accessories allows owners to add
just the right combination of capabilities to suit individual preferences
and expand their adventures.
Honda Genuine Accessories
Tall Windscreen (cowl version only), Heated Grips, Heated Grips
Attachment, Saddlebags, Saddlebag Stay, Saddlebag Panel (color-matched),
Rear Carrier, Backrest, Backrest Bracket, Sub Harness, Accessory Socket,
Chrome Master Cylinder Cover, Chrome License Plate Frame.
One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the
2014 Honda CTX700N and CTX700ND Specifications
- Models: CTX700N (Manual Transmission) or CTX700ND
(Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission and ABS).
- Engine Type: 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin.
- Bore and Stroke: 73.0 mm x 80.0 mm.
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder.
- Induction: PGM-FI with 36mm throttle body.
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance.
- Transmission: Six-speed (CTX700N) / Automatic DCT six-speed (CTX700ND).
- Final Drive: Chain.
- Suspension: Front: 41mm fork; 4.2 inches travel. Rear: Pro-Link single shock; 4.3 inches travel.
- Brakes: Front: Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper. Rear: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper. Optional ABS available with DCT.
- Tires: Front: 120/70-17. Rear: 160/60-17.
- Wheelbase: 60.2 inches.
- Rake (Caster angle): 27.7°
- Trail: 114.0 mm (4.4 inches).
- Seat Height: 28.3 inches .
- Fuel Capacity: 3.27 gallons.
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 64 MPG (CTX700N) / 61 MPG (CTX700ND)
- Colors: CTX700N: Candy Red, Black. CTX700ND: Black.
- Curb Weight: 478 pounds (CTX700N) or 500 pounds (CTX700ND). Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of
fuel, ready to ride.
For informational use only. All material and photographs are Copyright © webWorld International, LLC since 2000.
All rights reserved. See the webBikeWorld© Site Info
. Product specifications, features and details may change or differ from our descriptions. Always check before purchasing. Read
the Terms and Conditions